Aerial , land and submarine robotics
The activities concern intelligent autonomous systems capable of moving in the environment, interacting with it, with multiple applications: service robotics (home automation, care of the elderly and the disabled, entertainment and education); space robotics; surveillance and security robotics; environmental monitoring robotics.
With the aim of acquiring the knowledge and tools for the construction of autonomous mobile systems, the main research and development activities focus on:
- theory and applications of control systems;
- study of kinematics, dynamics, perturbed systems, predictive filters (eg Kalman) necessary for autonomous or remote controlled driving of land, air and submarine vehicles;
- development of high-level controls (avoidance of obstacles, re-planning of trajectories);
- development of artificial intelligence systems for planning and carrying out complex missions, for reacting to unplanned situations, for modeling the environment based on the integration of heterogeneous multi-sensory data;
- development of artificial vision systems for vehicle driving and sensory perception.
The research projects related to this area are:
- RAS (Surface Antartic Robot),
- SARA (Antarctic Robotic Autonomous Submarine),
- PRASSI (Autonomous Robotics Platform for Emergency and Surveillance of Systems),
- SAM (Mediterranean Autonomous Submarine).